Volunteers are always needed by JAHSSD. You certainly do not need to be Japanese American to work with our organization! We welcome anyone who can devote a few hours monthly to help sustain our all-volunteer organization. Sample jobs:
- Fold, label and prepare Footprints newsletter for bulk mail (a “folding party” takes place quarterly);
- Data entry and cataloging of collections (training provided);
- Research and write articles for our newsletter;
- Speakers Bureau: visit school classrooms, senior centers, other venues to talk about Japanese American history;
- Special events: sign up new members, help create exhibitions, or set up/clean up.